a) What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device, including mobile or handheld device (such as a smart phone or tablet), as you browse our Website. Once set, it can be accessed by our Website. It's not harmful to your computer, mobile phone or other device like a virus or other malicious code.
We only collect information we feel is essential for you to use our Website efficiently and to improve services for you, for example:
- for technical purposes essential to the effective operation of the Website;
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- measuring how many people are using the Website, to ensure there is enough capacity for the Website to operate at a reasonable speed;
- completion and support of the current activity being undertaken by the user, for example previously viewed pages or products;
- monitoring the success of campaigns and competitions;
- website and system administration, for example, tracking the number of website users for marketing purposes;
- remembering pages viewed;
- monitoring your journey around the website which helps us improve navigation and ease of access to popular pages; and
- remembering items you have saved to your basket on a previous visit to the Website, including where the browser has been closed and a new session has begun.
c) Types of cookies used
Our Website uses the following types of cookie each of which has its own specific lifetime:
- First Party Session cookie – this type of cookie is set directly by us and may only last until you close your browser. This allows websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session so that the website is able to store certain information whilst the user is browsing the website.
- First Party Persistent cookie- this type of cookie is set directly by us and lasts for longer, for example, to enable a website to recognise you when you return to them. It is stored on a users' device in between browser sessions and allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
- Third party cookies – these are cookies that are not set by Wehrly Bros. but are instead set by a third party. Online advertising is a common example that often uses third party cookies.
You can find more detailed information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
First Party cookies (session & persistent)
Cookie Name and Type
What it is used for
cart, category info, customer, customer_auth, Wishlist_count, Customer_info, customer_segment, ids, external_no_cache, frontend, guest_view, last category, last product, new message, no cache, persistent_shopping_cart, stf, user allowed save cookie, view product ids, wishlist, wishlist_cnt
These cookies allow our web servers to respond to your actions such as browsing, registration & log-in and add to basket. Remembering your search settings and showing you products/pages that you have recently visited. These cookies help to provide security using the website and display relevant content.
Visitor data is collected to track visitor information such as which websites you have been to before visiting ours, new and existing visitors, number of visitors, to distinguish between visits from computer programmes and people, websites visited by a customer within a session and specific referring pages, country so that we can serve specific country content, where appropriate. The website wouldn't work properly without these.
Third Party Cookies
The information from the following cookies will be used by the undernoted third parties in accordancewith their privacy policies.
Cookie Name and Type
What it is used for
utma (this is a persistent cookie and lasts for 2 years),
_utmb (this is a persistent cookie and lasts for 2 years),
_utmz (this is a persistent cookie and lasts for 6 months),
_qca (this is a persistent cookie and lasts for 5 years),
_utmv and _utmx
These cookies enable Google Analytics software to work which helps us to take and analyse visitor information such as browser usage (e.g. how long you spend on our website, when you start and finish, the amount of times you visit, when your previous visit was), new visitors' response to marketing and shopping times. This information enables us to produce reports to help us improve our website, the shopping experience and to make our marketing activity more relevant. Please note, the data stored by these cookies can only be seen by us and Google.
nid (this is a persistent cookie which lasts for 3 months), pref (this is a persistent cookie which lasts for 22 months)
Our website displays Google maps. These cookies are provided by Google to capture visitor information such as preferences when viewing pages with Google maps. This information helps to tailor functionality and improve the experience. Google Maps will not work properly without this
uit (this is a persistent cookie which lasts for 1 day),
uid (this is a persistent cookie which lasts for 2 days),
uvc (this is a persistent cookie which lasts for 2 days,
psc (this is a persistent cookie which lasts for 2 days),
These cookies enable you to share product and content on third party social networks such as Facebook. These cookies enable analysis of where and how often our content is shared.
Sometimes we advertise on third party websites and third party cookies help us and our advertisers see which advertisements you click on and interact with to determine which are most effective. Occasionally we will reward other websites for referring you to us. Each individual advertiser uses its own tracking cookies. Examples of these advertisers including Digital Window.
DotMailer is an email management service we use to send you news and updates via email you may have signed-up for. These cookies help us to see which emails, content and links and what you have purchased as a result of email campaigns. This helps us to determine which are the most effective and relevant from a shopping perspective.
d) Browser settings
Further information and guidance on cookies and how you can manage your browser settings can be found by accessing the following links:
Where we store your personal data
The information which we collect about you will be stored on the following servers depending upon which of our Websites you are accessing:
www.fraserhart.co.uk: a UK based secure server; and
www.Wehrly Bros..ie: a USA and Ireland based secure server.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer and monitor our Website, to improve our Website and to help you use the Website;
- to personalise our Website to you and the things you may like, dislike or be interested in;
- to ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. We will use the information you provide to us to personalise these communications to you and particular things you may like, dislike or be interested in;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our goods and / or services;
- to process your payments for goods and services purchased;
- to keep records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made or services provided in respect of those transactions, and to make financial or management forecasts to assist us in conducting our business activities (we don’t hold or take any payment details, this is all undertaken by a 3rd party payment gateway);
- to allow us to contact you in relation to campaigns and promotions and to monitor the success of such campaigns and promotions where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow us to contact you in relation to competitions and prize draws, to process your entry to our competitions/prize draws and to fulfil our obligation under the competition/ prize draw terms and conditions;
- for the purpose of advertising or marketing our business, our good and services and promoting our public relations in connection with our business, goods and services;
- to carry out analysis of sales processed through the Website and specific products which have been frequently viewed on the Website for marketing and business development purposes;
- to respond to any questions, suggestions or complaints you have raised with us or any social media posts or comments you make where these are made direct to us or in the public domain; and
- to carry out administrative tasks and research and statistical analysis in relation to customer surveys and research.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose information about you to law enforcement officials in the investigation of any alleged unlawful activities by you. We may also be required to disclose information to a court or regulatory body when required to do so by law.
We may also share your information with our service providers (to help manage the Website and provide services, including, marketing and market research, processing online purchases, delivery companies and our designers and manufacturers) and with any person or organisation (and their advisers) who might take over the services provided by the Website to allow them to prepare for taking over (after that, we may also allow that person or organisation to use and share your information on the same basis as us).
If you make a post on the Website, we may share your username, and any information you include in your post with other users of the Website, for example this would include any posts or comments which you make via on Website's blog or any similar post or comment.
You may ask us to stop sending you postal correspondence that we believe may be of interest to you by contacting us using the details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
Should you wish us to stop sending you email correspondence, please click 'unsubscribe' on the most recently received email. In the event that you continue to receive email correspondence from us after selecting the 'unsubscribe' option, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
Where you ask us to stop sending you correspondence through either our postal mailing list or our email mailing list we shall take reasonable steps to remove your details from both our postal and email mailing lists. However, in the event that you continue to receive correspondence through one of these mailing lists, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites (for example, YouTube, social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter). If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8) Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of personal information that we hold about you. To do this, simply write to Data Controller, 2 & 3 O'Connell Street,, Sligo Should we be prevented from disclosing your personal information, reasons will be given for the refusal. We may also request that you provide further information and identification to enable your request to be processed.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below. We will thereafter correct any information found to be incorrect. You can find detailed information about your rights under the Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner's website: http://www.ico.org.uk/
If you need to contact us for any reason regarding this policy, including the collection and / or use of your personal data, or as otherwise indicated in any section of this policy, our contact details are as follows:
- Address: Data Controller, Wehrly Bros. Ltd 2 & 3 O'Connell Street,, 2 & 3 O'Connell Street,, Sligo
- Email: email@example.com